Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
Dennis Gallien wrote:
On Thursday, December 08, 2011 09:18 PM Dirk Gently wrote:

[enormously long snip]

That begs the question, does openSUSE want the *same* users as Ubuntu?

Bzzzt!

That BEGETS the question. (i.e. it leads to the question).

Begging the question is a logical fallacy in which you assume
the conclusion to prove the conclusion (I.e. "This holy book
is true because it says so." THAT is begging the question).

I stand corrected and humbled. (Extra embarassment: My wife is a writer and
editor; if she had seen that I'd have had a lot worse done to me than getting
humbled.) :)

My primary purpose for posting was so that non-native English
speakers wouldn't start adopting this recent and horrible
locution which is spreading through this country (USA).