Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] equivalent to boot.local for systemd
John Andersen said the following on 12/08/2011 06:53 PM:
Sysv hasn't been the source of this many problem on this and other
lists for many many years.

Because sys init was a mature and proven concept by the time Linux cam
along. You ddn't see its early birth pangs.
It came out of the Unix Systems Group back in the beginning of the
1980s, proven and tested when System V came out.

I recall getting my first copy of System V back in '82 when I was
working for a shop that ported UNIX to various platforms[1] (including
16-bit microprocessors) and was delighted by how it cleared up the
random, haphazard mess of scripts and code we had been using.

Lists like this weren't around. USENET was around but this was before
the Great Renaming.

[1] And yes, I worked there with Richard Miller after he returned to
Canada from Australia.
--
The fact is that my native land is a prey to barbarism, that in it men's
only God is their belly, that they live only for the present, and that