Re: [opensuse] How do I create a "launcher" icon for an application
On 09/12/11 00:11, James Knott wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
I downloaded an application which runs from the command line but I want to create an icon for it so that I can launch it from the panel rather than type in heaps of characters in the RUN Command.

In Windows I remember this was easy to do: simply right-click on the executable and select Create Shortcut on Desktop. But how does one do it in openSUSE/KDE4.7.3?

Thanks for any suggestions.

BC

Have you tried:

1) Right click on desktop
2) Create new
3) Link to application

Thanks for this, James, but I think that this may have been the way in an earlier version of KDE but I am using 4.7.3.

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.