Re: [opensuse] Latency in redraw when switching to Firefox
Dave Howorth said the following on 12/08/2011 11:37 AM:
Anton Aylward wrote:
I'm open to suggestions as to how to track down what the problem is.

Use top to find out what process is using the time (and validate it is
cpu-limited) then use strace to figure out what its doing?

The figures I gave were derived from 'top'.
Nothing is CPU limited.
While waiting for FF to re-render its using about 6% of the CPU max.

Once it comes up, EVERYTHING is there.

If the tool-bars, status bars etc come up and there was a delay for the
content of the tabs, I'd be asking about the content caching, but as I
said, even the stuff that has no relationship to content is slow to come
up, and when it does come up it comes up at the same time as the page
content.
--
For people who like peace and quiet: a phoneless cord.