[opensuse] Re: How do I create a "launcher" icon for an application
  • From: JC Francois <jc.francois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:55:43 +0100

On 08/12/11 11:08, Basil Chupin wrote:
I downloaded an application which runs from the command line but I want
to create an icon for it so that I can launch it from the panel rather
than type in heaps of characters in the RUN Command.

In Windows I remember this was easy to do: simply right-click on the
executable and select Create Shortcut on Desktop. But how does one do it
in openSUSE/KDE4.7.3?

Thanks for any suggestions.

BC

. Right click on Kickoff button (Chameleon in lower left corner) and select Edit Applications
. Use the Menu Editor app to create a menu item for your app
. Click on kickoff button and navigate the menus to your shortcut
. drag and drop the shortcut where you want it: desktop or launcher panel