Re: [opensuse] why not openSUSE used grub 2?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:53:45 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2011-12-08 13:43, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Or use lilo ...

Has lilo improved during this time, and it can handle those big disks
that legacy grub can't? That's interesting.

It was only a real problem way back when lilo was limited to the first
1024 cylinders, but I upgraded lilo a couple of months ago. 12.1 has
lilo 23.2 which brought quite a few improvements (unrelated to
disk-size).

But anyway, it is not set up automatically by YaST, so it is not
really an option except for experts.
Pity we dropped lilo, then.

We default to grub, but the option to use lilo is still there. The yast
module for configuring it needs updating though. Maybe I'll do that too
one of these days.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.6°C)