Re: [opensuse] why not openSUSE used grub 2?
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And even those who are - programmers - might not know abut al the
variety of possible boot media, layouts, intricacies of the Intel and
other chip internals, memory management architectures and all those
other low-level details that are involved with bootstrapping an OS.

In fact I'd be worried if any of the programmers I've known in my
years, even those versed in assembler, were to be let loose on
something so fundamental.

And yes don't forget that those who created Grub Legacy were
programmers and thus was made suse.