Re: [opensuse] why not openSUSE used grub 2?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 13:43:38 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2011-12-07 12:35, LinuxIsOne wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Andreas Jaeger <> wrote:

We have a grub2 package but integrating it such that an installation
creates the proper setup needs work - and so far nobody volunteered
to do so,

Oh I see, but the best part I liked is that openSUSE consists of
highly and thoroughly tested softwares and apps and that's what I
like! Grub 2 is not yet implemented -- is not an issue, I was just
asking about why. Okay but in the coming time after all things....it
would be there.

It is an issue for people with disks bigger than 2TiB. We are
recommending them to at least install Ubuntu in another partition, and
use it to boot openSUSE.

Or use lilo ...

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.5°C)