Re: [opensuse] nvidia on 32-bit openSUSE 12.1 [CRUMMY WORKAROUND]
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 07/12/11 16:03, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

Workaround: I had to rename the nouveau.ko kernel module. Then the
nvidia driver loads. For whatever reason, the blacklist thing does not
have any effect.

Then you need to disable KMS in /etc/sysconfig/kernel.

I had probably similar issue with the update of nvidia driver for 11.4
(32 bit) (it was version 285.05.09). I've even removed rpm and used
nvidia installer with the same result: nouveau driver loaded instead.
In my case what helped was that I added "blacklist nouveau" to
50-blacklist.conf, thought there was the same line in nvidia.conf, as
Roger described. I do have
NO_KMS_IN_INITRD="yes" in /etc/sysconfig/kernel

I've not try version 290 yet.

--
Mark Goldstein