Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
On 12/07/2011 06:36 AM, C wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 13:17, John Bennett<hornetster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, sorry, could have explained it better...
We were trying to get support from 'someone' to "design" the initial system
for us. Although I have quite a bit of experience with Linux, have very
little (to none...) as far as setting up a "system" for a small to medium
size business. This was the sort of support (ie including buying hardware
and all relevant software) that we were after. Managed to get.... none!
So... you've identified a niche market that is not being filled, and
there is likely some demand there... hmmm...

C.
Interesting ..... several months ago, I suggested developing a "linux geek
squad" support for just an effort.

Never materialized ... however, everyone said its a good idea.

Someone, like Novell, needs to start a "start up" program to develop such a network. Maybe even provide FREE help to whoever starts this idea.

my take, Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ