Re: [opensuse] perl module install question
Greg Freemyer wrote:
I'm trying to package up something new. The release notes I think
said it needed IO::Compress, so I possibly naively just put it in the
specfile as a Requires.

So I'm digging deep so I get it right. Then I will push it to factory
eventually.

The way to get it right is to take a blank machine and install whatever
opensuse release you want. Then install perl, if it isn't automatic.

Then load the application and try to run it. Look at the output and use
the error messages to tell you what modules it needs. Install those.
Check the application runs.

By all means then check with the release notes :)

Then start writing a spec file and making an RPM.

Then take a blank machine and install whatever opensuse release you
want. Then install perl, if it isn't automatic. Then install the
application RPM. Check the application runs.

JMHO.