[opensuse] Failures with 12.1
I recently installed openSUSE 12.1 on a system that ran well for years with
11.0 and earlier versions.  There are a couple of problems.

1)  It will not boot directly from the hard drive.  I have to boot the install
DVD and let it boot from the hard drive.  If I try to boot from the hard drive,
it stops after all the PCI IRQs are listed.  Grub is configured to boot from
the boot partition, which is sda1, 100 MB ext2.

2) The other, and more severe, problem is networking frequently fails to
start.  As this is my main system, I need networking.

BTW, on this system, 12.1 seems sluggish compared to 11.0.