Re: [opensuse] perl module install question
On 7 December 2011 12:40, Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://perldoc.perl.org/index-modules-C.html indicates that
Compress::Raw::Zlib is a core module, so doesn't need to be installed.

http://perldoc.perl.org/index-modules-I.html indicates that at least
some parts of IO::Compress are core modules.

Have either of you tried just running perl programs that use these modules?

Nope, no need at present, I was just curious as I also use the
devel:languages:perl repo from time to time. I think Anders was
correct about the rpm dependency issue, although I didn't realise it
was so strict about release numbers.

In my instance it does appear that Compress::Raw::Zlib has been
oboleted as a standalone package, but I suspect the easiest short term
fix for Greg would be to download and install the source rpm, tweak
the spec file, and rebuild.