Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 11:09:46 +0100
John Bennett wrote:

On 07/12/11 17:14, Per Jessen wrote:
Duaine Hechler wrote:

On 12/06/2011 04:45 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Duaine Hechler wrote:

My take on the solution - is windows will never go away until all
"windows" software can run "natively" within Linux.
For most business users, Windows could go away tomorrow. I've been
running my business entirely on Linux for more than five years.
Then why don't they ??
I think because they don't really care. For the business it doesn't
really matter if they use one or the other. There are also
advantages to staying with Windows - no staff adaption/training
period, availability of IT staff/externals.

Or they just can't get the support from any "other than Windows"
suppliers!

Yes, that's what I meant by "IT externals". It is a genuine problem, no
doubt about it.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.6°C)