Re: [opensuse] Headless X-Server ?
Am 06.12.2011 15:10, schrieb Anton Aylward:
Arun Khan said the following on 12/06/2011 08:51 AM:

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Andreas<maps.on@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

how can I configure a headless X-Server ?
The PC should provide graphical logins from outside, e.g. VNC, but it
shouldn't change into graphic mode itself even in runlevel 5.
VNC connection from a remote desktop should work with runlevel 3 on your system.
Hardly even that.
I have a headless Dell machine acting as a server under my desk.
I can ssh to it and run GUI applications.
No need for a (possibly insecure) VNC server running there.

What are you using as client?
In my case it's Windows so VNC is an easy option. When I connect from outside the LAN I use a ssh tunnel so I expect to be fairly secure.
On the other hand VNC is rather crap in details like where is the cursor in the text editor.