Re: [opensuse] Possible openSUSE 12.1 install methodology
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 08:23:17 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I would like to install 12.1 on a spare partition in a rather quick
manner (meaning little down time for the existing 11.2 system - 12.1
can still take a while to be ready). I would imagine I could install
12.1 from, say, the KDE live CD. Then, boot in to my old 11.2
partition, and then chroot (mounting /proc and all as one does) into
the new 12.1 partition and continue adding packages and whatever with
zypper? Any gottchas?

I'm pretty certain I've done just that in the past, but I don't remember
if it meant more problems or not :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.9°C)