Re: [opensuse] Traffic signs (was: How to partitioning in unallocated disk space
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 22:28:21 +0100
On Monday 05 December 2011 16:04:23 Anton Aylward wrote:
Anders Johansson said the following on 12/05/2011 03:15 PM:
As for international signs, having travelled in several countries I have
never seen a sign like what you describe. "One way traffic" is an arrow
pointing in the direction of travel, and at the start of the street in
the wrong direction, there is a red circle with a yellow line denoting
"motor traffic prohibited"

Let see:

Red Circle as warning: Red arrow in your direction black towards you.
Yield to oncoming traffic.

Makes sense to me, probably confuses Americans.

Red arrow in other direction, you have priority.
What's the circle? Its informative not warning so it must be BLUE.

Red Circle as warning: white bar on red or red bar on white
No entry (entry barred)

This is what it looks like in Sweden.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1_2_2.svg

It means motor traffic prohibited, and you see it if you try to drive onto a
motorway in the wrong direction, for example (I don't think it means 'no
entry' in general, because when you see it in a city if you try to go the
wrong way down a one-way street, it's typically still allowed to do so by
bicycle or walking, the only prohibition I think is for motorized vehicles -
motorways excepted naturally)

But "one way street" (at the start of it, going in the correct direction) I
have only ever seen as an arrow in the direction of travel. The link I gave
earlier is what I found for the US.

Anders