Re: [opensuse] How to partitioning in unallocated disk space
Quoting Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 12/05/2011 05:34 AM, LinuxIsOne pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Another thing seems to bother them is waiting for requested help. I
purposely delayed my response to the OP to see what anyone else might have
to say first. After a 12 hour wait I proceeded, as apparently no one else
saw fit to respond. It turned out that was too long, as the OP in the mean
time blew away his original hope and did a wipe and default install.
My experience with such threads is help from LVM users is similar, meaning
when list help is requested for LVM issues, far less is available than for
those with conventional partitioning issues and questions. To be sure, LVM
solves some problems that should lead to less frequency of need for help
with it, but for a thread like this involving a n00b who has no apparent LVM
exposure, those competent and willing to provide the exposure seem to be in
short supply.
Well, while your suggestions were extremely good and I completely read
your first reply and it gave me the idea also but I was afraid to
practically implement since daily I have to do office work and if
anything goes wrong (or I stuck in the middle) I would also be not
able to do that inevitable work...So, I was thinking to play this
while I would be having no (or low) work so that fixing (default re
installation) could also be in case if anything goes wrong...But at
this time, I have no idea for LVM, brfts etc...but I would one day do
this..
Install Virtualbox and use it to experiment. That way you don't mess up your "work" machine.

And when you post a question about LVM - put "LVM" somewhere in the subject.