Re: [opensuse] How to partitioning in unallocated disk space
Quoting Martin Helm <martin@xxxxxxxx>:
Am 05.12.2011 12:30, schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:
I'm frustrated that LVM is *not* default default. There is no reason
it shouldn't be, it would avoid a lot of monkey-labor that using
crappy old 'partitioning' causes. EVERY OTHER OS USES LVM BY DEFAULT!
Just out of curiosity: I wonder what every other OS is since debian,
ubuntu, mint, mandriva, mageia for example do not belong to that "every"
and the only mainstream distro I am aware of is fedora which uses it by
default.

Let's see: ***Microsoft Windows***, HP/UX, AIX, Solaris, ...

BTW: Ubuntu, Mandriva... those are not Operating Systems. Those are LINUX distributions.