Re: [opensuse] How to partitioning in unallocated disk space
On 2011/12/05 11:00 (GMT-0500) James Knott composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

Sounds like the same disadvantage as RAID0: one spindle dies, and
takes down more than one's data in the process. I don't have faith in
hardware that justifies recommending this to anyone.

Actually, I have LVM on RAID5, so that's not an issue...

...for you. "An" extra disk does not RAID5 make for the average n00b, if anyone. I have 30+ functional systems, most of which have only one internal HD, none of which have more than 2 internal HDs, and none of which have any external HDs except during atypical backups.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/