Re: [opensuse] Convert UoW IMAP to Dovecot - openSUSE 12.1
  • From: "Masim \"Vavai\" Sugianto" <vavai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 07:11:31 +0700
Hi James,

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 7:04 AM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had to set mail_location in dovecot.conf.  I am now able to see my inbox
messages, but the folders didn't appear.  In dovecot, folders create
matching subdirectories in the user's mail directory, but IIRC, UoW doesn't.
 So, at the moment, I'm trying to figure out how to get the UoW subfolders
into Dovecot.  I still have the original hard drive, with my 11.0
installation, handy.  So, it is possible to swap drives and access the old
mail system & sub-folders.

Thank you,

IIRC, You can also use Imapysnc to synchronize between mailboxes if
both mail server provide imap services.

Quote : " Imapsync is a tool for facilitating incremental recursive
IMAP transfers from one mailbox to another. It is useful for mailbox
migration or backup, and reduces the amount of data transferred by
only copying messages that are not present on both servers. Read,
unread, and deleted flags are preserved, and the process can be
stopped and resumed. The original messages can optionally be deleted
after a successful transfer."

Incidentally, I just wrote a small article regarding Imapsync :

http://vavai.net/2011/12/opensusesles-tips-imapsync-installation-for-email-backup-synchronization/

More about Imapsync : http://freecode.com/projects/imapsync

--
Best Regards,