Re: [opensuse] How do I set permissions for user to install and update with Apper without needing root? KDE module broken.
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 08:55:34 -0600
On Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:29:38 AM Keith Gardner wrote:
I need to set permissions for a user to use Apper for updating and
installing programs. The KDE module for dealing with PolicyKit seems to
be broken since it doesn't effect the changes made.

Updates don't work.
It is looping over notification about new packages, installation and back to
notfication. Using YOU (YaST Online Update) shows that packages are not
installed. As I disabled it in
Configure Desktop > System Administration > Software Management
by setting to check for updates to Never, I have no problem using YOU.

In other words use YOU for updates until guys fix Apper/PackageKit/Whatever
doesn't work, or help them to fix things.

Apper looks nice, and it seems to be a good tool for GUI users, with not too
many details and distracting options, but right now I'm afraid it is
introducing more frustration then it is necessary.

--
Regards, Rajko