Re: [opensuse] How to partitioning in unallocated disk space
On Saturday 03 December 2011 14:35:39 Anton Aylward wrote:
Felix Miata said the following on 12/03/2011 12:00 PM:
To be sure, LVM
solves some problems that should lead to less frequency of need for help
with it, but for a thread like this involving a n00b who has no apparent
LVM exposure, those competent and willing to provide the exposure seem to
be in short supply.

Anton

A question for you. Are you running more than one OS on your machine? And if
you are, are you using LVM on all of them?

I'll tell you why I ask. Nany years ago, SuSE 8.0 I think, I used LVM and
thoughbt it was the cat's meow, until I tried yo install 8.2? maybe? with LVM
also. Tthe partioner would not allow me to set new LVM partitions for the new
install. It insisted on trying to integrate them, old and new. The details
are pretty fuzzy now and maybe I was doing something wrong. Anyway, the gist
of the story is that I gave up, never looked back and to this day I just make
sure that my partitions are big enough, especiall with these huge HDs we have
now.

Just curious

Bob S