Re: [opensuse] How to partitioning in unallocated disk space
On 2011/12/03 08:01 (GMT-0500) Anton Aylward composed:

I realise at first sight LVM may look more complicated, but when it
comes down to it its no more difficult

The difference between LVM and conventional partitions is that I can resize, image, clone, backup & restore without regard to what will or won't boot to perform any of those processes. I can do any or all of them identically whether I've booted DOS, OS/2, Linux, Windows or even OS X[1], or where I had to put the HD(s) to gain access to them. LVM is an extra layer that thwarts the way I manage my many multiboot systems, that may or may not thwart a beginner's ability to understand and cope with storage space management and allocation.

[1] http://www.dfsee.com/

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/