Re: [opensuse] Re: SSD in openSUSE.
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I'm not sure about "longer life expectancy than your reg hard drive";
but in any case it doesn't matter. The best thing to do is always: have
a spare. It doesn't matter what it is; it your concerned enough about
it [because, I presume, you depend on it] to crawl around the Internet
to verify your configuration

Absolutely agree with all of this.

.... buy two [and at only twice the price!

But not with this little bit. At least with regular disks - I can't
speak for SSDs. But buying two together increases your chances of them
sharing a common batch fault and both failing at very near the same
time. I generally try to buy from different manufacturers, or at
different times.

Cheers, Dave