Re: [opensuse] Regarding development questions.
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:21:44 -0800
On Sunday, November 27, 2011 07:53:25 PM Martin Helm wrote:
Being myself a programmer in my real life, may I add my personal favorite

The Linux Programming Interface
A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook
Michael Kerrisk
2010

not cheap and not too easy but accurate, comprehensive and worth its price.

An easier and free introductory book can be downloaded here

http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/alp-folder/
Thanks for the link! I added that one to my collection. I have many e-books
and a couple print books. The Linux Bible 2010 has a section dealing with
programming in Linux, and I have a pocket reference for C++. I feel like I
just need to get started on a project since as far as the language and
language concepts go I have a pretty clear feel for things. I started learning
C in high school from a very very old book. I don't remember it making mention
of OOp or API's... but then it was about procedural C. It has taken some time
going from procedural paradigm to OOP, took me a while to wrap my head around
and think of code as objects and building blocks.
--
Roger Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador