[opensuse] Re: SUSE 12.1 - still "hdd killer bug"? Can't believe it.
  • From: "Juan R. de Silva" <juan.r.d.silva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 01:48:57 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:06:58 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

On 27/11/11 19:03, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

Folks, what's wrong with me? :-)

You dont have storage-fixup installed.

It very well might be that I do not have it installed, since I've never
heard of it. I'll give it a try. Is it in any official repos or I would
need to enable something else. If I need a third party repo, what would
it be?

Would I need to run any scripts after installation, or the install will
do all that is necessary?

But then why this is not installed automatically if needed? Does a user
have much of time to investigate such a problem before his drive wears
out with such crazy APM? And what about completely new to Linux users?
By the time they would learn of the very fact such a problem exists they
sure would need to buy another hdd.

Well, it is an unpleasant surprise considering reputation of such a
venerable distro as openSUSE is. Though I had other 2 during install and
post-install first steps. I just worked them around on my own but this
one I posted since I had no wish to try to figure it out myself on the
cost of my new hard drive. :-(