Re: [opensuse] Regarding development questions.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 11:39:39 +0100
Roger Luedecke wrote:

On Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:02:15 AM Per Jessen wrote:
Roger Luedecke wrote:
I wanted to know which ML would be the right one for general
software development. I want to dig in more to development, but am
very amateur and thus would have various questions. Such as the
API, questions about the IDE (KDevelop) etc. I wanted to make sure
I didn't inadevertently misuse a ML in this matter.

There are many non-opensuse lists that deal with specific programmng
languages - perl, php, python, fortran etc. If you are not already
(at least partially) proficient in a programming language, getting
hold of a "<language> for dummies" (or similar) is probably a good
idea.

I have some books. I am not proficient though. One doesn't become
proficient by reading. I am versed in C and C++, but haven't had cause
to program much of anything 'real', just the examples and exercises in
the books.

Okay, you're well underway then. I think you just need a project to get
you going.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.1°C)