Re: [opensuse] Bizarre sound issue with Creative Labs SB0400 Audigy2 Value using IEC958 Digital Stereo
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 09:19:09 +0100
On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 02:46, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Pulseaudio *used* to work poorly, this is not the case anymore in my
experience.

Very true. PA in its early incarnations was a disaster - it was the
first thing I would rip out of a new openSUSE install. It barely
worked at best.

Now though, on every machine I've installed on lately, it "just works"
without getting in the way. Configuring which devices are used for
what is very easy via the KDE Multimedia settings (I haven't tried it
in Gnome though... the same?) I have zero problems now using PA with
audio quality, configuring.. pretty much everything audio related
across desktop PCs and Laptops/Netbooks with various sound cards.

So... give it a chance, it actually works now.

C.