Re: [opensuse] Re: How-to stop/break the automatic installer?! [SOLVED]
On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 00:46 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 17:30:54 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I feel stupid. I'm trying to install openSUSE in VMware workstation. No
matter what I do the automatic installer takes off and installs the
'default' [default partitions, KDE, etc...] configuration. I can't get
it to let *me* pick the options like it did when I installed on metal.
I've told VMware that it is a 'generic' 64-bit operating system, I've
started the installer in text mode, an no matter what it just takes off
running.
I'm installing from an ISO image of the DVD.
VMware Workstation 8.0.1
Tell VMware that you'll install the OS later, then it won't use the "Easy
Install".

Ah, yep. That was it.