Re: [opensuse] Re: SSD in openSUSE.
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:16:28 -0500
On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
I feel I should summarize the info in the responses to this question.
Unfortunately, there were more questions asked than answers found.

Please feel free to update either of the WIKI pages I posted at the
beginning of this, or create a 3rd one.  If you do create a 3rd, I'd
appreciate it if you update the first 2 to have a reference to it.

fyi:  I've been surprised how many non-opensuse users have read those
first 2 pages.  There is not much good SSD sumarization info out
there, so google has ranked those 2 pages pretty high for people
googling for SSD / linux info.

As a matter of fact a simple google search for "SSD trim" has one of
the pages as the 7th hit.

Perhaps we can wait and see what Joachim's buddies have to say, if it
can be repeated? And then try to summarize from that?

If you do the wiki approach, you can always update it as find out more.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Greg