Re: [opensuse] Motif application crashes with 12.1 (glibc problem?)
On 11/25/2011 10:19 AM, Christoph Bartoschek wrote:
Am 25.11.2011 09:39, schrieb Christoph Bartoschek:

I have attached the backtrace. Frame #0 is at address 0x0. In frame #1 a
jump table is used and the index obviously point to a null pointer.

I've started valgrind to check whether there are heap overflows. I
expect a result in one hour.

Valgrind reports no errors that can lead to heap overflows. So there
might only be a buffer overflow on the stack.

I suspect that this is related to glibc because with opensuse 11.4 some
applications stopped to work because of memcpy. Maybe there is a similar
change that causes my crashes.

I do not say that glibc is broken. Maybe it is now stricter than in
earlier versions.

If you have a self-contained testcase - best without involving glibc - the glibc maintainer (that's me;) will look at a bugreport via bugzilla.novell.com and tell you what's broken...

right now with the information you've given, it's not clear what the problem is.

Btw. the memcpy change was not in 11.4, we disabled it,

Andreas