Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
Myrosia Dzikovska wrote:
In comparison, Thunderbird "just works". Hopefully it has been fixed
in the newer KDEPim version in 12.1, and then this is obsolete. But
this is one reason I have been steering people away from KMail
(despite remaining the user myself), the learning curves for some
features just got too steep.

You can also use an add-on for Thunderbird address book called gContactSync, which syncs your address book with GMail, which also means your smart phone or tablet can be synced too. I use gContactSync on a few computers, mostly Linux, but also Windows, and all my address books are in sync. You can also add the Lightning calendar to Thunderbird, which can be synced with Google Calendar. All in all Thunderbird is a nice package.