Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 18:19:08 -0800
On Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:28:58 AM Myrosia Dzikovska wrote:
One thing that hasn't shown up on the thread here: how much do you
care for the ease of use with your email address book? I am a
long-term KMail user. Recently, getting KMail to do a very simple
thing: set up an address book, add contacts from your messages, then
use those contacts in auto-complete - has been a real pain. You have
to read multiple pages of documentation, trying to wade through lots
of new concepts and terminology (what is Akonadi? Nepomuk? Resources?
Why do some address book formats work as expected and some don't? Why
doesn't it work on with AFS or NFS home directories?) Getting the most
basic functionality to work took me a couple of days, which was way
excessive from my point of view. There are other obscure interface
features as well, such as the need to set the default dictionary
separately for each identity, regardless of the global language
settings.

Myrosia
For being largely rewritten, its been pretty painless for me.
--
Roger Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador