Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
On 11/23/2011 06:55 AM, PM wrote:
hi,

I have installed openSUSE 12.1 and looks better than Windows. Should I
use Kmail or Thunderbird as the mail client in openSUSE 12.1 so that
once I am confirmed, I go to the docs of that one only.

Thanks.

If there is any chance you will use windows again, use Thunderbird, you can easily transfer your mail setup from Linux -> Win -> Linux with mozilla. You can do it in a round-about way with kmail, but with the current state of flux in kmail development, it would be wise to stick with mozilla for now.

I have used kmail in both kde3 and kde4 and there is nothing wrong with it, but there is no guarantee it will work tomorrow either. I've used tbird for the better part of a decade and never had significant complaint about the core package. Further, the sqlite backend for tbird has added excellent handling and categorization of addresses/urls/etc...

I'll have to give kmail another go sometime in the future if the kde4 footprint becomes a bit more reasonable and stable, but for now, my choice is tbird.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.