Re: [opensuse] opensuse 12.1 - problems with segfault X (on opensuse 11.4 di it too)
Am 23.11.2011 11:04, schrieb Karliak Josef:
Hi,
I tried opensuse 12.1 on HP 8200elite (i5 CPU, 4GB ram), I had
problem
with crashing X'es or freezing computer on opensuse 11.4. The problem
persist on opensuse 12.1. There are 3 coputers, the same configuration
except i3 CPU on one of them. Firmware didn't solved problem, memtest is
OK. We tried integrated graphic card and add-on Nvidia in PCIexpress.
Installation of opensuse 12.1 is fresh, one day old, system is
fully
actualized.
I'm out of an ideas. Any tips ? X logs are attached...
Thanks and best regards
From my reading/knowledge, the Xorg logs don't provide any information pertaining to your problems.
What about the syslog?

Assuming some weird HW problem on 3 different PCs does not sound reasonable.

Maybe it's worthwhile to try out another live distro (e.g. Ubuntu), and see if that also gives you these problems.
You might not use Kubuntu as maybe KDE is part of the problem in a sense that KDM doesn't play well with your
HW / the video driver.

BR,
Karl-Heinz