Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 23.11.2011 16:10, schrieb James Knott:
C wrote:
If your mail provider uses "standard" POP3/IMAP configurations, it can
sort out/detect for you. It does a good job as long as things are
"predictable". It needs a little manual nudging if for example your
user name is different than your email name... or your ISP uses
non-standard ports, server names etc.

One thing I don't like about thunderbird, is it won't let you create an
email account on the local computer. In Seamonkey, I can set up a Unix
Mailspool account, to receive system mail. I don't seem to be able to
in Thunderbird.
You still can AFAICS.
Use "Other account" instead of "Mail account" and you should find Unix
Mailspool as an option.

Ah... That was "hidden" under Edit > Account settings. I was looking on the panel displayed when you click on another account. However, there appears to be another problem. Thunderbird can't find the mail spool file and if I try to send an email using the mail command, I get an error "postdrop: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or directory". This is on openSUSE 12.1.