Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
Am 23.11.2011 16:10, schrieb James Knott:
C wrote:
If your mail provider uses "standard" POP3/IMAP configurations, it can
sort out/detect for you. It does a good job as long as things are
"predictable". It needs a little manual nudging if for example your
user name is different than your email name... or your ISP uses
non-standard ports, server names etc.

One thing I don't like about thunderbird, is it won't let you create an
email account on the local computer. In Seamonkey, I can set up a Unix
Mailspool account, to receive system mail. I don't seem to be able to
in Thunderbird.

You still can AFAICS.
Use "Other account" instead of "Mail account" and you should find Unix
Mailspool as an option.

Wolfgang