Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 10:10 -0500, James Knott wrote:
C wrote:
If your mail provider uses "standard" POP3/IMAP configurations, it can
sort out/detect for you. It does a good job as long as things are
"predictable". It needs a little manual nudging if for example your
user name is different than your email name... or your ISP uses
non-standard ports, server names etc.
One thing I don't like about thunderbird, is it won't let you create an
email account on the local computer. In Seamonkey, I can set up a Unix
Mailspool account, to receive system mail.

You can do that in Evolution too; for either mbox or maildir. In
addition to having excellent IMAP support including IDLE support.