Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
Am 23.11.2011 15:44, schrieb Will Stephenson:
On Wednesday 23 November 2011 07:55:58 PM wrote:
I have installed openSUSE 12.1 and looks better than Windows. Should I
use Kmail or Thunderbird as the mail client in openSUSE 12.1 so that
once I am confirmed, I go to the docs of that one only.

My advice (as a KMail maintainer at openSUSE) is:

This yells for my comments as Thunderbird maintainer at openSUSE ;-)

If you are using POP mail or local filtering, use Thunderbird. There are some
regression bugs in KMail2 with mail duplication with POP and local filtering.

If you are using IMAP mail [with serverside filtering] use KMail, but don't
use the automatic migration from an earlier version, set up KMail in 12.1
from
scratch. The migration mostly fails.

I'm using IMAP with serverside filtering and haven't found issues with
Thunderbird on that. As I'm not familiar with current versions (as in
12.1) of KMail I cannot tell much about features.
I've used kmail occasionally on 11.4 and before and it basically did
what it was supposed to do but I find it hard to use compared to TB and
that's where we are at familiarity and personal opinions how a user
interface and mailer should work and I won't comment on that.

So people familiar with KDE most likely will like KMail as well I guess.

Wolfgang