Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:37:18 +0100
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 15:29, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 24/11/11 01:22, lynn wrote:
Configuring TB is simple, but you will need to know the name(s) of the
server(s) your ISP uses for the incoming and outgoing mail; you should
get this from your ISP's site.

All of which you would have to do if you used KMail (or Evolution or
some other mailer) ...

All I had todo with thunderbird is give it my e-mail address and the
password. It did everything else. I didn't need to know anything about my
ISP.
L x

Interesting.... You didn't have to configure the Server Settings for
incoming/outgoing mail?

If your mail provider uses "standard" POP3/IMAP configurations, it can
sort out/detect for you. It does a good job as long as things are
"predictable". It needs a little manual nudging if for example your
user name is different than your email name... or your ISP uses
non-standard ports, server names etc.

C.