Re: [opensuse] Re: SSD in openSUSE.
  • From: Graham Anderson <graham.anderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:02:04 +0100
On Tuesday 22 Nov 2011 20:42:10 Greg Freemyer wrote:
So if you really want to keep back 15%, I would create a fullsize
partition, format with mkfs, then delete the partition and create one
15% smaller, then format again with mkfs.

I thought the idea behind not using all the available space was to give the
SSD firmware some additional room for wear/write leveling? What's the benefit
of doing as you suggest and creating/formatting a fullsize partion before
resizing?