[opensuse] GNOME Shell spins at 99% of CPU
Occasionally when I login to my new openSUSE 12.1 install GNOME Shell
just spins at 99-100% of CPU. I can Ctrl-Alt-F1 to a console and run
top and see it. But the X/GNOME session is entirely unresponsive.
Sometimes the top GNOME Shell bar appears and other times it does not;
in either case I can move the pointer but clicking or keystroking is
unresponsive - except Ctrl-Alt-ing to another console.

I can look at ~/.xsession and there are no error messages appearing.

Is there anywhere else I can look to see what GNOME Shell is stuck on?

If I just reboot I can login in; this issue seems to happen about 1 in
4 times. So a couple of reboots and I'm in and everything works
perfectly.