Re: [opensuse] Re: Aisleriot Freecell and Solitaire will not run in 12.1
On 21/11/11 02:14, Malcolm wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 01:00:10 +1100
Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 21/11/11 00:27, Malcolm wrote:
[pruned]

Hi
I have a maintenance update in for this, have you installed guile (a
missing requires)?

From the command line: sol --freecell or sol --name=freecell works
for me on i586.
Hi Malcolm,

No I didn't know that quile was required and didn't have it
installed. I have now installed it and...... I get an error message
whenever I try to move a card, "A Scheme exception occurred. Please
report bug to the developers" and when I click on Report nothing
happens :-( .

But now that you have advised that you have an update in the pipeline
I now live in hope and anticipation :-) . When do you think the "fix"
will become reality?

BC

Hi
Mine was only for the guile requires. I need to look at the freecell
one... (I usually just play yukon ;) ).

Hi Malcolm,

Earlier today I noted that there was a patch to aisleriot which was put thru when I ran 'zypper patch'; however this patch did not fix the problem with freecell: while freecell actually starts it comes up with an error message asking if "I" want to report the problem but then it does nothing when I respond with an Yes, Report :-) .

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.