Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird loses icon on panel - openSUSE 12.1
On 22/11/11 01:49, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 21.11.2011 15:44, schrieb Basil Chupin:
Hmm, all very interesting.... :-) . I have the mozilla repo selected
and enabled since I installed 12.1 but there has been no movement from
this repo. Do I need to use 'zypper dup --from xxxx' to get thye 8.x
versions or perhaps alter the Priority to something less than the
default of 99?
This is the usual vendor lock. You get no updates offered from a
different vendor by default. I'm not sure if raising the priority would
help with that.
Once you have switched to the OBS version you will get updates the
initially you have to do something to switch.

Wolfgang

"Wot a way to run a business" :-( . No wonder people prefer to stay with Windows or Apple....

OK, I have done 'zypper dup --from' and now have TB 8.0 and FF 8.0 :-) .

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.