Re: [opensuse] nVidia on 12.1 / Cannot start X [still not working]
Quoting Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>:
Third party repos should be removed/disabled for a system upgrade because we
cannot and should not support them.
In the scenario of a zypper dup, no. ALL old repositories should be removed or disabled.

I did not use zypper dup.

I (a) disabled all third party repositories (b) booted from an instal DVD (c) performed the upgrade.

I have now installed just the G02 package, removed /etc/X11/xorg.conf, reran nvidia-xconfig, and startx still fails with "This server hsa an unsupported input driver ABI version (have 12.2 need < 12.0)." It then dies with a seg fault / sig-11 in "nvidia_drv.so"

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT216 [GeForce GT 230M] (rev a2)
01:00.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)