Re: [opensuse] 12.1 Konqueror File Manager opens in wrong directory
James Knott said the following on 11/17/2011 01:16 PM:
In openSUSE 12.1 KDE desktop, I use Konqueror instead of Dolphin for the
file manager. However, for some reason it opens in ~/Documents, rather
than in ~. Dophin opens in the correct subdirectory. Is there any way
to change Konqueror to open in the correct subdirectory?

Hmm.
"Correct" seems a arguable concept here.
I say that because when I use Konq as a file manager (as in whenever I
use KDE) I have a number of tabs open on various folders. 2 < N <=6

I shut down and start up again and all my KDE processes appear in the
virtual desktops they were in when I shut down and LO! Konq start up
with the same tabs on the same directories as when I shut down.

If I have a completely different set next time I shut down then that's
the set I get when I start up again.

Nothing about ~ or ~/Documents just preserving the state at shut-down.

And Oh! Look! I get the same with Dolphin!

I like this! I must be doing something right. Buqqer of a way to
learn, this, not making any mistakes ... how do I know what I did right?

--
Security is old, older than computers And old-guard security thinks of
countermeasures as a way to manage risk. Avoiding threat is black &