Re: [opensuse] 12.1...., nope!
On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 09:45 -0500, Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
On 11/16/2011 9:29 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
* Don't expect your first query to return what you want
* Don't expect what you want to be on the first hit or the first page
* Don't expect any single page to have the right answer, read many
* Don't expect too get answers without making effort
This is really important to keep in mind. And it's not just for Linux,
it's in life in general.

+1 Searching the Internet [or "googling" since we are in an unwavering
effort to proprietize the Internet] is, IMO, just not a very effective
way to find information. You'll find (a) lots of questions with no
answers (b) old answers and (c) wrong answers - frequently after wasting
a fair amount of time.

If you have a question it is *much* better to find an appropriate list /
forum, subscribe to that, search it's contents specifically, or post a
question.

For example - I've been subscribed to the Samba and Samba-Technical
lists for years and years. If I have a Samba related problem searching
the mail folder where all that gets routed too is much more effective
than searching 'the Internet'. I always know the vintage of the
information I'm looking at [many websites do a bad job of making that
clear] and I have [possibly] and entire thread to look at.

Anyway, I plan on going to 12.1 soon [maybe this weekend]. Upgrading
versions has almost always worked pretty seamlessly for me.