Re: [opensuse] thunderbird junk mail status
On 16/11/11 21:05, lynn wrote:
On Wednesday 16 Nov 2011 09:55:27 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 16/11/11 17:06, lynn wrote:
Hi everyone

As of today, everything from this list is classed as junk. It seems to
be mail from mailing lists 'coz mail from another list I'm on is also
junk according to tb. How can I tell tb that it's not?
Thanks
L x
You need to 'TRAIN' Thunderbird as to what you consider to be "junk" -
it doesn't recognise "junk" until you tell it that it is junk.

Check your settings and see if somehow you have set all mail to be
"junk"; and see if you have set-up some filter to sent this mail into
the junk folder. Also you may want to clear the database where the
"consider this mail to be junk" is stored so that you can start from
scratch to train TB to recognise "junk" (this setting is in the
Edit/Preferences/Security/Junk tab).

BC
Hi
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I trained it yesterday but it didn't stick. I've
now done the clear trick you mention and 'retrained' it today. So far OK.
Thanks L x

Hi,

Glad to hear that it is now doing what it is supposed to be doing.

BTW, when you say "junk" do you really mean junk as in spam etc? If so then have you checked your mail settings at your ISP's end? Most ISPs have a filter now which you control re what you consider to be junk/spam. This is on top of what the ISP considers as spam. This would reduce the need for you to download junk in the first instance and therefore would also reduce the TB training effort.

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.