Re: [opensuse] IPSec VPN and IPv6
On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 12:26 -0500, James Knott wrote:
I am planning on setting up an IPSec VPN between two openSUSE systems.
I have used OpenVPN for years, but it does not currently support IPv6 in
tun mode (version 2.3 might). IPSec should support IPv6, as that's what
it was originally developed for, before being adapted to IPv4. I have
installed the various VPN & IPSec packages, including the Novell IPSec
client "Turnpike". However, in looking around it, all the settings
appear to be for IPv4 only. Has anyone set up an IPv6 VPN in openSUSE
either with or without using Turnpike. Information on that appears to
be in short supply, though there's plenty for IPv4. The alternative
would be to set up a 6in4 tunnel via an IPv4 VPN, which is less
desirable due to the added overhead.

openSUSE ships StringSWAN, that is where you probably want to start for
IPSEC.